Rushmore Cave is the original attraction at Rush Mountain Adventure Park. Adventure seekers have been exploring the cave for over 90 years, and continue to be amazed by the variety of formations and the awe inspiring BIG ROOM. Cavers continue to seek out new passages and are discovering new areas within the cave still today.
Scenic Walking Tour: This fun & educational underground tour of Rushmore Cave reveals the beautiful and amazing carvings formed by nature. Explore subterranean passageways that lead to spectacular stalactite rooms and discover other natural limestone cave formations. An expert guide will lead you on a journey through local history, Rushmore Cave geology and reveal the hidden world that lies beneath us. It’s a total must-do attraction for anyone visiting the Black Hills of South Dakota.
This tour is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in length. During the summer season, cave tours leave regularly so come at your convenience, no reservations required. (Just know that the last regular cave tour leaves 1 hour before closing.)
Things To Know
- There are narrow passageways that open up into bigger rooms throughout the tour
- There is uneven ground, many steps, and stooping in some areas of the tour
- Cave is 58 degrees year round. A light jacket or sweatshirt may be needed
- Sturdy shoes are recommended
- The tour path is lighted throughout the cave
- For infants a front carry pack is recommended
- Get your cave tour ticket first thing when you arrive on the property
- Last tour leaves one hour before closing time
Keystone, SD 57751