Frequently Asked Questions
We’re doing our part! We are excited to be opening with CDC and WHO suggested guidelines in place for the 2020 season. Please call the lodge if you have any questions about it.
As the current situation with COVID-19 is evolving, the safety and well-being of our guests, staff and community remain our top priority, as always. We are doing our part to take measures in curbing this global pandemic here in Keystone, SD.
While we plan to welcome you back, we remain vigilant and are closely monitoring the situation to ensure adherence to the government’s and CDC’s evolving recommendations and guidelines.
- We are constantly receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating/cleaning protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas including lobbies and public bathrooms.
- We pay close attention to high-touch items when cleaning and disinfecting rooms and spaces where team members work behind the scenes.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations. This will mean some changes to our popular breakfast but we will work hard to make sure that you are pleased with the changes.
- We will be increasing the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout our property.
- We will post any further updates on our Instagram and Facebook. Please follow us for the latest news.
What Time is Check-In?
Any time after 3:00 p.m. MT. The remaining balance will be due upon check-in or will be run on the card on file at 6:00 p.m. on the scheduled day of arrival. (Homeowner suggests Guest arrive before dark to assure they can locate the property and access it accordingly as some properties are in remote locations.)
What Time is Check-Out?
Before 10:00 a.m. MT. (Late Check Outs can only be arranged with prior notice. After a 30 min grace period, the property reserves the right to charge up to $200.00 an hour for late check-outs.) We are not able to refund early checkouts.
Where are You Located?
404 Reed Street, Keystone, SD 57751
When is Breakfast Served?
Due to COVID -19, we are unable to serve breakfast at this time. The room rates have been adjusted to reflect this change. Breakfast is available for purchase but we can no longer serve family-style breakfast in our lobby.
What are Your Office Hours?
Currently our office hours are restricted due to COVID-19, however, if you need anything please give us a call any time between 7:30-10:00am and 4:00-7:00pm.
How Far is Mount Rushmore from the Lodge?
Mount Rushmore National Memorial is 3 miles away, about 10 mins driving distance.
How Far is Keystone from the Closest City?
Rapid City is 21 miles away from Keystone, it will take you about 25 minutes to get there.
What is Your Cancellation Policy?
If you find yourself in a situation that may prevent you from arriving at your scheduled check-in date, please contact us immediately so we can help you make any arrangements needed. If you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so at least 7 days prior to your stay (via email). Your cancellation will not be confirmed until you receive an email confirmation.
Regular: All reservations require a non-refundable deposit of the first night’s lodging on a credit card at the time of booking. If you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so at least 7 days prior to your stay by email and receive a confirmation, or you will be charged for the entire stay. All payments will be forfeited when cancellation is not made as described. We are not able to refund early checkouts.
Holiday, Sturgis Bike Week, and Large groups: No cancellations are allowed during holiday weekends (Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor Day), Large Groups or during the Sturgis Bike Rally Week.